Thursday, March 03, 2011

Mysterious cave found in Ecuador megalithic structure with many fine petroglyphs











Greetings all,

We have here a few of the very first photos of this newly discovered cave.  The cave appears to be extremely old. The builders of this cave (which maybe was not a cave when built) have finely worked the stone.  The cave is filled in with debris but the rock work does appears to go down beneath the top soil. This cave is unstudied, undocumented.  There are found in the cave artifacts of stone and other material.  (Sorry no pictures yet of them.)  There are reportedly  two other caves nearby with additional petroglyphs and artifacts in them.

What is needed at once is knowledgeable opinions of what we have here and interpation of the petroglyphs or at least to establish some relation or context to other such pre-historic works.

I ask that anyone you know who may have expertise in petroglyps and megalithic building please examine these photos and share your information.
The cave location is Ecuador and that is all that can be given at this point. Those with expertise in this area can make arrangements at some point in the future to view the cave in person.
This is a link to ALL of the cave photos:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=52F0505D00870E9D!221

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really interesting! Do you think it possible when you return and gather your information and photos you could give a talk about your trip and experience down there? I would love to hear more about this and I am sure there are others who feel the same.

Marc

5:36 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Tom, can you please send me an email, would like to chat with you about this.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

my email is brad.wtf at gmail.com

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Alex said...

Hi Tom, I was wondering if you had any more upto date info on these caves. I would like to run an article for the ancient-wisdom.co.uk website.. get in touch with me there if you can help.

Cheers,

Alex.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a scientist and I do archaeology work in Ecuador. I am currently commissioned by the Department of Culture and History of El Oro in Machala. These petroglyphs have some similarities to ones that I am already studying about midway between Machala and Cuenca. Please contact me and I'll do all I can to help with the study.

Thanks
Scott
geoscotty@gmail.com

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a scientist and I do archaeology work in Ecuador. I am currently commissioned by the Department of Culture and History of El Oro in Machala. These petroglyphs have some similarities to ones that I am already studying about midway between Machala and Cuenca. Please contact me and I'll do all I can to help with the study.

Thanks
Scott
geoscotty@gmail.com

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those caves look man made, megalithic..look at the blocks. Is there a structure above? Is this near the new pyramid found in Equador in 2013?

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,
Could you please contact me at karstology [at] gmail [dot] com ?
I am a speleologist specialized in radiometric dating and currently working in Ecuador. I would like to discuss more on this topic as I'm trying to push people here to better study their own past. Many thanks in advance!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home